Apps For Delivery Services And How Does It Works?
Technology has grown so much that now we get our products or services crouching at home. Apps for delivery services is one of the best technology updates for this era where everyone is busy with their lives and do not get time for shopping or similar sort of aspects. This technology has benefited all age people starting from kids- old age people. Even they can ask for delivery services using a smartphone nowadays. But do you know how does it work? No, Right? Let us know how it works.
What do you mean by apps for delivery services?
It means web-delivered services that concentrate on giving application functionality to the customers. However, some techniques surely vary. They make their customers use applications on the network fully. It as a service is a set of the suggestion by the software. This service focus on seconding with the deployment of an application. Now, this up-gradation is necessary as people are shifting on an online platform to services or to make purchases making the marketings fast and precise. However, companies rely on these applications for daily procedures.
How does it work?
Have you heard about the application delivery controller (ADC)? Well, it is the most significant part of the application delivery model. It is a refined load balancer. It reclines in the guise of application servers and directs client proposals to the servers. Using application traffic it maximizes execution. Let us take an example of a ubereats like food delivery app.
- Customers browse the menu on the smartphone using the app and they choose items and amount of course. Then the customers make a food order and usually pay via mobile app, sometimes cash on delivery too. While paying online after payment assurance, they shifted to order confirmation messages. Also, they can track their order from their account. Now, tracking shows everything about the order starting from the order approved by the restaurant to the order picked up by the driver and assurance on the delivery of the order.
- The Order goes to the Order management tablet app after approval. Here, Staffs have a choice to approve or reject the order but with a statement. However, the Order management app has two choices that are Voluntary print of new order via wireless thermal printer or manual print the order via the wireless thermal printer. When the staff approves the order, it gets on automatically to the nearest accessible delivery boy.
- In the meantime, the staff while preparing food assign orders to the available delivery guy manually, or the delivery guy sees the order in his delivery guy app and can assign himself to deliver the order.
- The delivery boy arrives at the restaurant and picks the order. Here, customers can see the live activities of the delivery boy. An approximate time of arrival is given on the app.
- Lastly, the order is provided to the customer address. While the driver marks delivery fulfillment on the delivery guy mobile app.
Well, this is how all sort of delivery apps works.
Delivery Service Apps
- Zomato: It is one of the successful food delivery apps in India. It not only delivers food to the customers but also enables a user to see the offers in each restaurant one can get. One can also see the nearest restaurant by him or the best restaurants in the city. It also gives its offers to the customers. It performs in 19 countries.
- Swiggy: Just like Zomato, Swiggy is a food delivery apps. However, unlike Zomato it does not show the best restaurants or nearby restaurants by him. It gives live tracking of the order. It gained popularity because of its vital delivery network.
- Dunzo: Dunzo is an app-based courier delivery service provider. It is for the business model. It is now a popular courier service delivery apps in the market. Available in 8 major cities in India- Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Jaipur, New Delhi, and Gurgaon. Dunzo delivers stuff like groceries, fruits, and vegetables also medicines.
- Saral: This app provides an intra-city courier service. Started by India’s dominating eCommerce shipping firm Sprocket. One can export orders within 50km. You can negotiate your cash on delivery orders.
- Scootsy: Scootsy is popular in Mumbai as it is Mumbai based food delivery app. Its specialty is MapTech, which allows tracking of the delivery agent in real-time.
As mentioned this technology is one of a kind. Above mentioned are some of the apps for delivery service. However, there are more.