JioMeet: How to Host, Schedule Meetings and Share Screen?
Social media stated JioMeet as a copycat. It is seen that JioMeet the round icons in the layout and the color scheme which it has used is identical to that of Zoom.
What Is Jio Meet?
Last week Jio, the telecom giant launched its take on a video conferencing solution. JioMeet brings the users all the essential features of a video calling app package that is available to the users for free. However, soon after the app was launched it was surrounded by controversies.
Jio Meet has now updated the app by changing the icons and color scheme. If you think that you need to be a Jio customer to have Jio Meet, then that’s not the case anybody can download the app and sign up for this service.
Know About: Software Industry India vs China
Is JioMeet a Copy of Zoom App?
JioMeet was launched as an alternative app to Zoom. Zoom is a virtual video and audio conferencing app that saves all its data on the cloud system. But still, there are many issues that need to be fixed. Jio Meet is almost similar to Zoom with different themes but the Same approach.
JioMeet is available on Android, IOS, Mac, and Windows. One of the best aspects of using JioMeet is that all the services can be availed for free.
How to Register?
- Browse JioMeet’s webpage from your browser. Scroll to the top right and click on ‘sign up’
- Fill in your name and your email address or phone number
- After filling out all required information you will receive an OTP to complete the signup process.
How to Use JioMeet?
- JioMeet allows you to host a meet or join one.
- There is a password system set in place to ensure that only an authorized person can use the account.
- You can join a meeting using a PC/Mac.
- Fill in the meeting code and password if asked.
How to Share Screen on JioMeet?
- To share your screen with other users, on Android and iOS, you can choose to do so, in between a meeting
Simply click on the share screen, and select ‘start now’ on Android or ‘start broadcast’ on IOS.
- If you are a business owner and wish to use your very own domain you can do so by registering with your Business domain.
Highlights of JioMeet in Comparison with Zoom:
- Zoom only allows 40 minutes of video calls after which you have to restart the call. Jio is a lot more generous here and allows video calls for as long as 24 hours free of cost.
- Android, Mac, and IOS can be used for accessing both JioMeet and Zoom.
- Both JioMeet and Zoom lets you invite others to a video call with a link. The best part is that you just have to click the link and you can join a video call without signing in.
- Additionally, you can schedule a call for the future and share the link ahead of time.
- An extra advantage that Zoom has is that it offers end-to-end encryption.
Also Read: Be Careful! Zoom is Sharing your Information
Where Does JioMeet Cut its Corners?
If you want to add more than 100 members to your call on Zoom it is easy to subscribe to a premium plan and unlock more features. Depending on the plan, this can be 300-500 or even more users so if you’re planning to host a large video session in your office, Zoom might be a better option. Zoom premium plans can even give you unique options like, the custom link that you can share with other people. It also gives you online storage for storing video call recordings. JioMeet offers no such premium features.
What are the advantages of using JioMeet?
- JioMeet is promoted as a safe video conferencing platform.
- With the claim of security, it irons out almost all flaws. Jiomeet provides a controlled environment.
- Teachers and Students suffer from cyberbullying in an online session. This can be controlled by cutting off that particular person from the meeting or turn of their visual and audio contact.
JioMeet is a very good option if you just want to get started with video calls and don’t have too many users. Also, Jio Meet is an Indian App that gives you more security and privacy on your personal meetings. But be sure because users can’t share any kind of illegal content here because illegal content comes with the risk of your account being terminated.