GUI Programming in Python – Graphical User Interface
Python has a large number of Graphical User Interface (GUI) frameworks needed for it. Mainly from TkInter to several cross-platform solutions. As well as unbreakable to platform-specific technologies. However, Tkinter is lightweight and painless to use when compared to other frameworks. Moreover, this makes it a good choice for building GUI programming in Python. The top option is to create something functional. Many mobile and tablet companies also think to change their interfaces due to these advanced technologies.
Python provides several options for developing graphical user interfaces (GUIs). Most majors are listed below.
- Tkinter: It is the Python associate with the Tk GUI toolkit shipped with Python.
- wxPython: This is an open-source Python associate for wxWindows http://wxpython.org.
- JPython: It is a port for Java that gives python scripts logical access to Java class libraries.
There are many other associates available, which you can browse them on the net. Hence this content gives you details on GUI programming in Python.
What is GUI Programming in Python?
GUI is combined through which a user communicates with electronic devices like computers, mobiles, and other devices. This utilizes symbols, icons, menus, and other graphics to display information. Related users control the text-based, where commands and data are in text form. GUI can be managed by a pointing device such as a mouse in computers and a finger on a touchscreen. Further, there are several GUI toolkits that you can use with the Python programming language. The great three are Tkinter, wxPython, and PyQt. These toolkits usually work with Windows, macOS, and Linux. The 6 great Python GUI Frameworks are:
Kivy is an OpenGL ES 2 advanced framework for the creation of new user interfaces. PyQT.
How do you produce a GUI?
Once you realize about your user, make sure to examine the following when designing your associate:
- Firstly keep the interface simple.
- Secondly, Create consistency and use common UI elements.
- Be purposeful in page layout.
- Strategically use color and texture.
- Finally, Use typography to create clarity.
Also Read: Python CGI Programming
How to do GUI Programming in Python? Tkinter Programming.
The Tkinter is the great GUI library for Python. Python when combined with this gives an easy path to create GUI applications. Hence this provides a good object-oriented interface to the Tk GUI toolkit. Moreover, Designing a GUI application using Tkinter is an easy task. All you need to do is to operate the following steps.
- Import Its module.
- Create the GUI application’s main window.
- Add one or most of the mentioned widgets to the GUI application.
- Enter the main loop to take action in case of each event aimed by the user.
top = Tkinter.Tk()
# Code to attach widgets will go here…
Tkinter supplies several controls, such as buttons, labels, and text boxes used in a GUI application. These controls are classified as Controls.
Firstly in this, some attributes are set such as Colors, Fonts, Dimension, and the others are:
- Relief styles
All Tkinter widgets have exhibited specific geometry management methods. Moreover, in this Tkinter bears the following geometry manager-like:
- The pack() Method: This geometry manager assembles widgets in blocks before putting them in the head widget.
- The grid() Method: This geometry manager assembles widgets in a table-like structure in the parent widget.
- The place() Method: This geometry manager assembles widgets by putting them in a position in the higher widget.
The topic is excellent for small, quick GUI applications, and hence it runs on more platforms than any other Python GUI toolkit. As a result, It is a good choice where portability is the prime concern. Yes, We haven’t been provided to give Tkinter the depth of talks it guarantees. But it’s good to say that anything that can be done using the C language and Tk can be done using Python and Tkinter. Besides, One example is the Python mega widgets package mentioned earlier.
However, you can also learn the basic concepts in Python. Hence this is a clear Python package that creates a great widget set by building on the core Tkinter widgets.