What is Email Marketing?
Email Marketing: We all are aware of what an Email is. It is the service that helps to send and receive mails over a network from one electronic device to another. Moreover, it is one of the fast and easy modes of communication through which one can send a particular piece of information to multiple recipients at the same time.
Well, if you don’t know that this can be a mode of marketing too, how? Let’s learn about it!
Check Out: Social Media Marketing Impacts
What is it?
This is one of the marketing techniques that could be used to increase traffic and sales by sending emails. It is an act of sending a commercial message with a common purpose, typically to a group of people. One just needs an ESP (Email Service Provider) account in which hundreds and thousands of recipients could be added and with just one click, one’s commercial mail would be sent to all the recipients added. Some of the ESPs are Hubspot, Mailchimp, Aweber, Amazon Email Service etc.
Steps in email marketing:
1: Firstly, acquiring a database of Email IDs.
2: Then, segmenting the database into different lists. These lists can be classified on the basis of:
- Stage of customers (existing, new or churned)
- Acquired marketing medium (like social media, backlinks etc.)
3: After that, signing up for any ESPs like Mailchimp, Amazon Email Service etc.
4: Then, creating a campaign- creative of the email content.
5: Second last, electing the list of the recipients you wished to share the information with.
6: Finally, click on Send and you’re all set to step into the world of Email Marketing!
Benefits of Email Marketing:
- A large number of users use Email in their everyday lives. According to a tech survey, around 61% of the total world’s population check their emails on a daily basis.
- Control of the message and content is in the sender’s hand.
- The cost of marketing is very low and better ROI (Return on Investment) is attainable.
- Email Marketers can achieve a personalized experience.
- It can help in getting quality traffic of clients, subscriptions, leads and sales without investing a huge amount.
An email marketing method is a cheap, easy to use, and relatively easy accessible form of marketing technique. Therefore, it doesn’t need any specific knowledge or skills to start on with. Any Email user can take the benefits of this mode of marketing. All he or she needs is a good content, basic knowledge of Email, and an ESP to run campaigns and earn traffic, leads or sales for his or her products and services.